Harlok recognizes that industrial owners need to economically achieve production performance and reliable operation, while maintaining the health and safety of personnel at all times.
Harlok can assist with specification of off-the-shelf solutions, assistance with custom mechanical and automation solutions, creation of engineering specifications, development of plant general arrangement layout and drawings, on-site troubleshooting and equipment commissioning, or investigation and optimization of installed machinery. We are available to service as much of your project as required, on time, and on budget.
Below are example projects completed by Harlok Design Group. Please contact us
to discuss the needs of your industrial project.
Oily Wastewater Treatment Technology
- Developed two process stages of process equipment for use in the oil and gas industry
- Electro-flocculation stage required conceptualization of unique design to yield high surface area, relative motion, and consumption of a sacrificial anode.
- Sourced all mechanical components, instrumentation, electrical equipment, prototype cast anodes, and coordinated fabrication with contract manufacturer.
- Duration from project initiation to delivery of commissioned equipment: 90 days
Dairy Safety Guarding Upgrade
- Designed complete mechanical guarding to bring two industrial dairy processing machines into compliance with CSA Z432-04 Safeguarding of Machinery.
- Liasoned with installation contractor, electrical systems upgrader, and plant personnel to ensure installed guards met design intent and satisfied safety requirements
Aquaculture Life Support System
- Specified appropriate components for overall process
- Developed Process Flow Documentation (PFD) and 3D models of the custom equipment skids.
- Generated general arrangement models for three individual plants for optimization of machine access and maintenance space
- Developed General Arrangement drawings for the milestone submission package
TANK LEVEL CONTROL UPGRADE
- Researched technologies for challenging internal environment (foaming, solids, ozone, corrosion)
- Selected and procured appropriate instrumentation system components
- Coordinated third-party mechanical and electrical installation to tank
- Modified existing control panel and PLC software to interface with instrument signals